Saturday, June 4, 2011

7.1875

I went through a range of emotions Thursday as I weighed myself for the first time in 6 weeks (well, officially 2nd time - I weighed at the beginning of Slim in 6 and saw I'd lost 2 lbs then made sure not to weigh again until I was done). I also took my new measurements on Thursday.

Backing up a bit. The last day of my Slim in 6 workout program was Wednesday, 6/1. I was anxious to complete it because I knew that would be a victory. I was also anxious to weigh myself, measure, and take new pictures. Wake up Thursday morning. Not so anxious anymore. In fact, I was rather nervous about weighing myself. You see, in the past, I've worked hard and didn't really see much on the scale for all my efforts. However, I finally learned that the scale doesn't matter. And in the end, it won't really matter, either. I'm not quite sure, yet, how I'm going to figure out my ideal weight - but I really don't think the scale is going to determine that for me. But that's for another day, and many more pounds lost. So, Thursday morning I get up, and make my way to my scale. My initial weigh-in was 230 when I started Slim in 6. My scale, on Thursday morning, showed 222. Honestly, my heart fell. I was hoping for at least 10 pounds. I thought I'd prepared myself for 5. Apparently not, because when I saw that it was only 8, I said to myself, "Wow, only 8 pounds?????". I was VERY disappointed. But then, I talked with my hubby, my mom, and some close friends at work. They all helped me to realize several things: This is the first of many "stretches" in my journey that will last the rest of my life. 8 pounds really is a good number. I should be proud of my accomplishment and keep going (I definitely plan to keep going). Then later on, my coach pointed out that 8 pounds is more than 1 pound a week. Then - as I was logging my new weight - I remembered where I started. Yeah, I was at 230 when I started Slim in 6. But I was at 233 at my highest and could never breach that 10 pound mark. Well, as of Thursday, July 1, 2011, I finally breached the 10 pound mark. I've lost 11 lbs from when I was at my highest. Somehow, that really picked up my spirit. :)

Then, another range of emotions hit me that night when I took new pictures and measurements. I wasn't even focusing on my measurements. I focused more on my pictures, and I was very disappointed in what my pictures showed me. Granted, my workout shirt isn't the one I've been working out in - it's a brand new one that I plan on keeping brand new in order to take new pictures in. It will only be worn for pictures. So, I've gone ahead and put my pictures below. Looking again, I do see some small differences.





And now, to my favorite part of all, my new measurements - THIS is what I'm now excited about more than anything!


Neck: -0.25 in
Chest: -1.5 in
Left Arm: -1.6875 in
Right Arm: -0.25 in
Waist: -1.875 in
Hips: -0.625 in
Left Upper Thigh: -0.5 in
Right Upper Thigh: -0.5 in
TOTAL -7.1875 Inches lost in 6 weeks!


As for my calorie counting, I'm doing pretty good with that and have made a good habit of checking the calories for the things I'm eating.  I'm now working on avoiding aspartame.  I'm still getting at least 34 ounces of water in a day (mostly - a few slip-ups the last 6 weeks), and I'm eating veggies when I can.  Small things to work on at a time so that I don't get overwhelmed - so that they become a habit.

So, here I am.  And now, I have a desire to exercise.  I'm reminding myself every day why I want and need to do this.  I want to be healthy.  It's the right thing to do.  God cares about my health and my weight.  If Chris and I have kids one day, my future baby deserves a healthy mamma.  Chris deserves a healthy wife.

I deserve a healthy me.

Next up (that I started yesterday - Friday): 30 Day Shred for at least a month while I save up to get P90 from Beachbody (NOT P90X....just P90 first....I'm taking things slow, remember?)  :)

1 Comments:

Keelie said...

I think that was a great vicotry! I know we can get certain expectations in our head (even if we don't realize it) and its easy to get disappointed but its so much more productive to look at things in a positive light.

Best wishes on the Shred!! It will reshape your body, there is no doubt about it!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter