Monday, March 14, 2011

Weight Tracking

When I originally started this blog, I had it in my mind that I would track my exercise and water intake daily, and my weight weekly. I thought that by doing this, month after month I would lose this weight that I'm so desperately trying to lose. My thoughts didn't pan out how I expected. And, I haven't been doing any tracking at all for a while now. I was thinking about this lately, and I think tracking my weight weekly has possibly been a disadvantage for me.

I know you're not supposed to base anything on the scale - muscle can skew what's really going on with your body. For a while, I could tell that I was indeed gaining muscle, and my clothes were getting a little smaller. Then, I think I let the scale guide me on how I thought my progress was going. I would go up and down and up and down, even though I felt smaller and my clothes fit a little better. Then I finally gave up. I've been trying to get back on track for a few months now, with no success. I haven't even been weighing myself for weightwatchers lately. I think I need to change how I track things.

I either need to track my weight monthly or every 2 months. Or, I just need to not worry about it at all, and only track it when I think of it - rather than have a scheduled tracking day. I do think that I need to track my water intake and my exercise so that I can make sure that I am getting in what I need.

So, tonight I will exercise (with weights I bought about 2 months ago and a DVD I bought at the same time that I haven't touched yet) - and I will not worry about the scale.

Let's see what happens. Honestly, though, my hopes aren't high. But, I did promise my doctor that I would at least get back to exercising because I know that even if I don't lose any or much weight, it is still healthier to be active in some way. Unfortuantly, my doctor didn't have any advice for me.

Here I go...

0 Comments:

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter