Friday, June 18, 2010

Time to Let Off the Brakes....

So, if I haven't mentioned before, a lot of my motivation comes from my friend Keelie.  Her blog posts are very motivating to me and she's made such great progress in getting healthier.  She is definitely a role model, and I think what helps is that we started at around the same weight when we began both of our journeys.  So to me, if she can do it, then I can, too!  :)

Her recent post New Car Smell of course got me thinking.  It made me really see that, as usual, the "newness" of being excited about being healthy had worn off.  I hadn't quit trying, but I had quit trying as hard as I had when I started.  I've been feeling defeated and deflated because I just haven't been able to get past my first 10 lb loss.  If I'm being honest with myself, I've really been thinking "poor me" because I can't afford to get the healthy food that I'd like to eat or to get back on Weight Watchers online.  I can't even get my ticker at the top of my page to not overlap with the numbers!!!!

What I CAN do right now is exercise and watch my portions, even if I can't eat like I'd like to.  I've been slacking and it was time to stop feeling sorry for myself........again.

So, this is what I did.  On Wednesday I had made up my mind to restart the 30 day challenge for my EA Sports Active, on Medium intensity.  I did it, I loved it, and I finally felt good again about exercising - my body felt good and I slept really well that night.  But I still didn't want to be bored.  So, I chose to use the rest of my spending money this month (and I borrowed a few from Chris for now - he's good at saving his, me....not so good at saving mine!), and I got the EA Sports Active More Workouts (it's on sale at Walmart for about $20ish!!! If you have the first one, this would be a great time to get this one!!)  I did that one last night and I loved that one as well, and now I have different exercises to do!!!  This one has you do stretches at the beginning and end of your workout, and also has a few new workouts for your abs.  I still think I will have to occasionally do some extra ab work on the side, but my schedule for now is Mon/Tue and Thur/Fri - so I could choose any other day to do a short 10 min ab workout.  In the fall, I hope to be able to get the new version that's coming out: EA Sports Active 2 - you can see a trailer of it here.

I've decided that my body reacts best to the kind of workout that EA Sports Active gives, rather than just straight cardio.  I have been encouraged and I have a new found desire to get past these 10 lbs that have kept me in a rut the past several months.  I definitely appreciate everyone who has encouraged me thus far.  This will, I know, be a never-ending battle for me - but I know with God as my focus and friends as my accountability partners, this battle will be won.  Maybe not as soon as I'd like - but I know I will get there.  :)



0 Comments:

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter