Monday, July 12, 2010

07/12/10 - 223.8 lbs (-9.2 total)

Today's weigh-in was a good one. However, I find myself doing the motions and not having much faith in what I'm doing. The past several weeks I did the same thing I did last week, and last week I even splurged a little because I had an "I don't care" attitude for one or two meals. So I guess that means that I should see little to no weight loss next week.

I'm truly not giving up, but I'm just very tired and so discouraged. It has been almost 5 months to the day that I started trying to do better by eating better, drinking my water, taking my vitamins, and exercising. In that time, it took me a little over 2 months to lose 10 pounds. Since April 26, so for almost 3 months, I have been struggling with getting back to those first 10 pounds. I feel like I have nothing worth saying when I blog about my weight. I feel like I just want to say forget it all and wait until our finances change to try to watch things. But I know that is a bad attitude, and I do not want to have a bad attitude with this. I'm going to face a lot of things in my life that are challenging, and I have already faced challenging situations, so I need to keep my head up and my focus strong.

You know, though - although I occasionally ask God to help me with this struggle, I haven't really given this struggle to Him. I guess I'm thinking I can just keep on keeping on with my own strength, and as time is showing, my strength just is not enough.

So now I know the next thing I need to do to add to my healthier way of life. I need to give this up and ask God to be the leader in my journey, instead of me just asking Him for advice very now and then. Any ideas on how to do that would be greatly appreciated. :) I know that there are Bible studies focused on health, but I do not think that would be the best option for me right now as I already have a book study I'm going through, and then after that I hope to see if hubby would be interested in doing a study with me.

Please let me know if you have any other ideas. :) I guess I feel just a little more encouraged now. :)

1 Comments:

Kristin Hope said...

Ok, I did something again to mess up my comments. They should be working now. Sheesh. lol

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter